Friday, October 10, 2008

VT soccer game

Most mornings I wake up between 6:45 and 7:15 with Ethan "talking" or maybe even fussing a little as my alarm clock. I get him up, we go downstairs, play a little, let the dogs out, and then go wake Blythe up at about 7:45. But this morning I woke up to someone screaming and trying desperately to get in my room shouting "It's dark in here!". Of course that someone was Blythe. In my "no glasses" blindness, I thought it was 7:30 and Ethan was sleeping late, but then realized it was only 7:00. And of course, she had now woken Ethan as well. She did this 2 days ago too, though I was already up at the time. Hope it's not a continuing habit.

A couple of weeks ago I volunteered to come to "Family Friday" in Blythe's class at day care at do an art project. I bought a little kit at Walmart to make 20 candycorn men, where you stick on the hat, eyes, mouth, arms, and legs. I think the kids liked them though they were probably a little too difficult for the ones that were just barely 2 in the class. Afterwards I played outside with the 2's for a little while before I went to get Ethan and we went home.

The swimmers didn't have practice this afternoon, so Daddy got home early. We decided to go to the soccer game (VT was playing Maryland). Ethan had only taken 1 nap today, so he was quite tired and slept most of the time. Blythe jumped on bleachers seats, climbed back and forth to the seat behind us (and of course fell and cried), ran around, and basically did everything except watch the soccer game. Oh well. It was starting to get a bit chilly out so Blythe wore the "beanie" Daddy got last year for the H20kies. It was pretty cute. Here she is wearing it:



After Ethan woke up, he got to wear it too:

They had a good time, but of course we left at halftime. No chance we'll stay for a full game of any VT sport with these 2 for quite some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethan looks like he wants to say, "Dad, do you see that guy behind me, he looks crazy!"