Sunday, October 19, 2008

A lazy weekend

I feel like I spent the whole weekend cleaning, yet my house currently looks like a tornado just hit. How does that happen? I probably should be doing a better job of making Blythe clean up after herself, but it just takes so darn long for her to do it! She did do some dusting today though. While I was changing Ethan, she pulled a wipe out from the dispenser then went over to the end table and started dusting it. She moved the coasters and dusted, then moved the lamp and dusted. Wipes don't work all that well for dusting, but she definitely gets an A for effort. That's one chore I don't do very often, so it was quite surprising to see her do it.

We had a very low key weekend and stayed in most of the time. Yesterday we took the dogs to the Vet School Dog Wash fundraiser. We thought it was free (donations accepted), but it turned out to be $10 a dog! For a 3 minute wash. Oh well, it least it was going to a good cause. The kids napped at the same time yesterday for over 2 hours!!! I wish I could say I did something productive during that time, but now I look back and can't even remember. I think I watched HGTV or something. The Hokies were playing at 8pm last night and our neighbors had invited us over to watch it. We weren't sure how we were going to swing that since Ethan is pretty unflexible in his "no later than 8pm" bedtime schedule. But they said to come over around 6:30 to eat so we figured we'd at least get some social time in. As was expected, Ethan was getting tired at about 7:30. We decided to try to get the pack n' play and bring it to the neighbors and have Ethan sleep there until we were ready to go. We would have never tried that with Blythe. We were always so afraid that if we woke her in the middle of the night that she'd stay up, or at least have a really difficult time going down. Ethan had no problem going to sleep in the pack n' play and when we were ready to go, I picked him up and walked up the street with him (in the cold) and put him in his crib and he never woke up. How easy was that!?

After such a successful naptime yesterday, I guess I should have expected a difficult nap time today. We went up around 1:30 and read books in Blythe's room til Ethan got tired and I put him down. Then I went back to tuck Blythe in. About 20 minutes later Ethan was crying and I knew he was still tired, so I figured I'd rock him back to sleep. On the way, I stopped by Blythe's room and told her to go to sleep. It took a while, but I got Ethan back to sleep. Before going back downstairs, I told Blythe to go to sleep. A bit later I needed to go to the grocery store. Just before I left Braden went up and told Blythe to go to sleep. I went to the grocery store, came back and Blythe was still not asleep. A little while later she must have fallen out of bed (while playing, not while asleep), so she cried. Braden went up there and told her to go to sleep. Finally, she went to sleep. Around 5:20, we went up there to wake her up. She was so cranky because she didn't sleep long at all. Though she was in her room for about 4 hours!

This may have been our last lazy weekend for a while (since Braden's swim season is starting up and we've got some traveling in November), so it was nice to truly be pretty lazy. Yet I'm still so tired. Hmm..

No comments: