Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ethan takes a "regular" bath

I'm anal about the way Blythe's hair has to be blow-dried. Any girl with hair long enough to blow dry will tell you that if it isn't done right, you will just end up with a bad hair day. Problem is that Daddy likes to blow dry Blythe's hair and it just doesn't meet my standards. This was okay before Blythe had her bangs cut because no matter how crazy he dried it, I was able to fix it the next day by putting it up in pigtails or whatnot. Ever since she had her bangs cut though, I have taken over the task. I really like drying her hair...not sure why, maybe it's a "girl" thing so it's a type of bonding. It's not an easy task...I'd relate it to drying Bogie's hair (our dog). It's like hitting a moving target. Anyway, tonight Braden wanted to dry her hair and I just knew it wouldn't be right (I'm telling you I'm anal about it). He kept brushing me off saying, "she's 2...who cares" or "you're just going to put it up tomorrow anyway". But I had visions of crazy bangs and of course, tomorrow is Halloween so there will be lots of pictures. So I wouldn't give it up and finally he got mad and then let me do it. In hindsight, it probably wasn't worth arguing about.

And we took Ethan's bath seat out of the tub. I finallly got around to buying a new bath mat (so he won't slip). The last one had a lot of black mold..probably toxic. He loved it! He was splashing and playing with all the toys. Then about halfway through he started getting so tired that he couldn't even sit anymore, so that was a pain trying to make sure he didn't fall over and drown while trying to wash Blythe's hair. Blythe was super-tired too. Today was the first day that day care has ever circled "No nap" and "Not quiet" on her log.

Tomorrow there is the "Fall Festival" at day care, which means I have to: prepare the temporary tattoos, bring the supplies for the face painting (and create some designs), bring some bean bags, oh, and bring a 20 oz bottle and some "materials" for the 2's music project tomorrow. Then I have to be there at 2:30 tomorrow to help set up and then paint faces on wiggly children. Why exactly do I have the inability to say "no" when I'm asked to help?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because you are Super Mom! Keep up the good work!