Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Today Blythe had her Pumpkin Patch field trip with her class at day care. I was able to move a couple of meetings around so I could go too. For some reason it took us forever to get out of the house this morning, but we didn't have to be at day care until 9:15, so it was okay. When we got there I took Blythe to her room so she could stay there while I took Ethan to his room. I could smell that Ethan had pooped on the way to day care this morning, but I had no idea until I went to hand him over that he had blown out of his diaper ALL over his shirt, which was then ALL over my jacket. Lovely. And today was quite a chilly day too.

Amy Freel and I rode together and took Ashley and Blythe separate from the day care vans, so fortunately we had time to swing by the house and grab a new jacket. We still beat the vans by about 10 minutes. Of course when the vans got there, it was chaos. 2 year olds running around all over the place. We coralled them for a few seconds to take a class picture.


Then it was off to the tractor hayride which took us to the "kids" pumpkin patch. This is where there are smaller pumpkins, which are probably too small to carve. Blythe and Ashley didn't waste any time and went quickly to find a pumpkin (in the farthest away spot they were allowed to go).

Here's Blythe with the pumpkin she picked out.

Next it was time to go to the petting zoo area where there were chickens, turkeys, sheep, goats, pigs, cows, a donkey, and a horse. Blythe loved it there. She especially liked the turkeys, I guess because they were the loudest. Here she is talking about the pigs that "eat mud".


And here she is trying to find out the names of the Sheep and her two baby lambs.

While a whole bunch of the 2 year olds went potty (in port-a-johns...thank goodness Blythe didn't have to go!), the rest of the bunch practiced milking a cow (a fake cow...with water). Then the last thing was the maze. They actually have a REALLY big corn maze at the pumpkin patch, but they also have a toddler maze with some hay bales. Here she is finishing up the maze.

So it was a fun trip. Good to get them out of their day care room even if it is complete chaos. Next year I guess I'll be going on 2 pumpkin patch field trips with each of the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a big day at the Pumpkin Patch!! Gams