Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ethan is 7 months old!

Ethan is 7 months old today! Where has the time gone? When Blythe was a baby time practically stood still. I think because I still remembered what it was like to be childless and do whatever you wanted to and just get in the car and go somewhere whenever you felt like it. Now that's too far in the distant past and life has completely changed (in a good way). Now time seems to fly by and I want to hold on to these days of Ethan being completely dependent on me. I guess they do have to grow though.

Blythe was in a cranky mood this morning. Daddy came home only for about 10 minutes after morning practice before he headed back to work and I think she may have heard him. When she came downstairs she said, "I wanna see Daddy". She looked so disappointed when I told her he had already gone. Just before it was time to go to day care she threw a fit about putting on her shoes, so I got mad, then she started SCREAMING at me (what is with this new screaming phase she's got going on?). So anyway, that earned her a spot in timeout for 2 minutes. Her nose had been running pretty bad this morning (and it's really bad when she's crying) and when I checked on her after 2 minutes she was sitting on the step leaning over and the snot was hanging out of her nose at least 2 inches, I kid you not. Gross! I am not looking forward to the winter sick season!

When we got to school, her little friend Nora came running to see her when Blythe walked in the room. How awesome would that be as an adult if people came running because they were so excited to see you every day at work or at home? Anyway, Blythe says to Nora, "Get back to the carpet!" (the carpet is where they dump the toys and the kids play with them). Then she says it again..."Get back to the carpet!". Geez, what a bossy little girl. Where does she get that from??? The day care teacher said yesterday when Nora's mom came to pick her up, Nora said to her mom. "You can't tell me what to do, you're not my teacher". How true that is....

Ethan did feed himself a banana puff tonight. The first few he wouldn't touch, so I had to put them in his mouth. Blythe feeds him some puffs sometimes too, so I suppose that doesn't help things either. Anyway, at one point he picked one up (between is forefinger and thumb even) like he was a pro at it and put it right in his mouth. Good job!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Peep and I just read your blog from start to finish....or finish to start!!!We loved every bit of news and of course the pics and videos....and I promise to check it every day!!!

Love, Peep & Gams

Anonymous said...

I remember that day Nora said that. I laughed so hard!