Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blythe's first haircut and Ethan says Da Da

We had a really fun afternoon/evening today filled with several "firsts". I got finished with work early, and Blythe has been needing a haircut, so I decided to pick her up early from day care and take her to get her hair cut. Last Christmas-time, I trimmed it once so it wouldn't be so mullet-ish and a few months ago my mom trimmed her hair. Other than that, she has not had a haircut. So today was the first time going somewhere to get it done. We went to Supercuts. Pretty much we were in and out in less than 10 minutes. No tears and fairly good cooperation, so it was a success. Only non-cooperation was not looking at me when I tried to take her picture before:



And after:

Then we swung by Walmart to pick up some groceries and went back to the day care to pick up Ethan.
At home Blythe and I made a pizza (she put on the cheese and all the toppings), which turned out quite tasty! Ethan was so happy sitting in his high chair eating his puffs, which he's gotten really good at picking up and eating now. I was just thinking this morning that he hasn't tried talking much in the last week or so, probably because he's been focusing on trying to crawl. Then tonight at the dinner table he said "Da Da". Several times. And he was so excited with himself. Daddy was pretty excited too. So that was another new first. Hopefully "Ma Ma" isn't too far off.
We went to do bath after dinner since Ethan was getting so tired and I had to hold him off. Blythe said she wanted a bath too. In the tub, Ethan was going crazy splashing and laughing and splashing and laughing. I wish I had had my camera to video him. He was so funny! He crashed pretty hard though later as he was SOOO tired. Cute little man.
Oh, and when I picked up Blythe at day care, they asked me if she knew the word "booby". Obviously she does (since her baby eats boobies), so I said yes. They said she was out on the playground lifting up her shirt and trying to push her boobies together and saying "look at my boobies". They wanted to make sure she hadn't learned that at day care. Well she may have learned the word "boobie" at home, but she didn't learn the rest of that here! Where would she have picked that up? So Braden and I had a talk with her that she shouldn't show people her boobies. I don't think she was really listening. I think we'll likely have to have that talk again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Seriously, Mary and Braden.....could your kiddos be ANY CUTER??!?!