Thursday, October 9, 2008

Exciting times for Ethan

It took Ethan a while to go to sleep tonight...he was just too excited! Not sure exactly why he was so excited, he just was. I'll take that over cranky any day of the week. I had a 5pm meeting today, so I asked Braden to pick up the kids from day care. Then he called and said he was going to go by Target after he got them so he could pick up a few things for his office. A little before 6pm, they weren't home and I was missing them already so I called and they were in Walmart (Target didn't have what he was looking for). I was kind of bummed because they wouldn't be home for a little while and I was thinking about how little time I would have with them before it was bed time. How crazy is it that I can't really enjoy a bit of time to myself? I'd just rather they all be home (or at least with me). Good thing I don't have 5pm meetings too often.

Both kids were starving by the time they got home! I need to check Blythe's day care menu to see what she ate (or didn't eat) today. Of course, the whole time she was with Daddy out shopping she was an angel, but when she gets home to me the whining started in full force. I think it was mostly to do with being hungry. I just made chicken tenders (which looked way bigger on the picture on the bag...they're really just skinny chicken nuggets) and mac n' cheese. Blythe ate 8 chicken tenders! Which meant I only got 3 and Braden got 7. Not like they're my favorite anyway. Ethan also had 2 meals basically. A normal serving of cereal and then a whole 2nd stage baby food. He also is starting to get the whole "pick up a puff and feed it to himself" thing. He's starting to realize it's not that hard and maybe it actually is better to do that than wait for Mommy to get Blythe's juice/cereal/hairbrush/baby that fell on the floor.

After dinner we played in the living room and got out the musical instuments so we could freshen up our "skills". Here is Ethan playing the maracas. He was really going to town!

Afterwards it was time for bed. We got into Ethan's room and I totally forgot that earlier I had started to lower his mattress (since he's been trying to pull up). So we had to finish up that job. I wasn't really paying attention to Ethan much, but I think he may have been making some forward progress. He seemed a little closer every time I looked that way. And he was SO excited! Too excited to go to sleep for a little while I guess.

Ethan also cut one of his front 2 teeth today (or really last night). Didn't seem to bother him though. So now he has 3 teeth!

And I also want to say congratulations and "Happy Anniversary" to my brother Doug and sister-in-law Lynette. 4 years they've been married and how time has flown by!

No comments: