Monday, October 6, 2008

Gommy and Pop anniversary


Today is my parents' 36th wedding anniversary. Since I haven't been alive for 36 years, that seems like a really long time to me. And it is! Unless they are very good actors, they are still going strong and very much in love. Congratulations Mom and Dad!


There really wasn't anything significant today that I feel compelled to write about. Still no crawling for Ethan, though he was making very good progress tonight when he was tired and fussy (so again, too wound up to even notice he was making progress). He's been eating those banana puffs for over a week now and he only fed them to himself on the second day. Ever since then he won't even try. I put them on his tray and he won't even look at them. I have to actually put the puff in his mouth and then he thoroughly enjoys it. Maybe that was my downfall...doing the work for him. Now he's lazy and doesn't want to try to do it by himself. I also gave him a "biter biscuit". One of those cookies that is really hard so they just gum it until mush comes off and they eat it. I gave him one the other day too. That time he was able to bite a big piece off and I had to pull it out of his mouth before he choked on it. Today he did the same thing. It was a more mushy piece though so I let him try to work on gumming it before swallowing it. He did well, though he gagged several times and I thought it was all going to come up, but it didn't. Must be strange for babies those first times when something solid goes down the throat after never having had that feeling before.


There was a new baby in the nursery at day care today. Another boy. The girl who he replaced turned 1, so she moved to the toddler room. She was the "biter" in the nursery, so glad to see her move up. One more girl will move up next week and be replaced by another boy. Then there will be 6 boys and 2 girls. Blythe's class is the other way around. Way more girls than boys.


Anyway, now I'm just rambling and 'Prison Break' is coming on pretty soon, so I better log off!

No comments: