Friday, October 3, 2008

The one parent bathtime

I think tonight was the first time I bathed the kids together all by myself. I thought I had done it before but then while they were in the tub I was thinking, "how am I going to dry Blythe's hair and get Ethan dried off and in his jammies all at the same time?" so obviously I haven't done it before.

It was no big deal though. I dried off Blythe, got her in her jammies, combed her hair, and then got Ethan out, dried, and in jammies. Drying Blythe's hair had to wait until after Ethan had eaten and been put to bed. Good thing Blythe's hair is much thicker these days so it didn't dry all crazy by itself.

Braden has recruits in this weekend and it's alumni weekend, so he still isn't home since he left the house at 8:45 this morning. Bummer!

Today I bought tickets for Sesame Street Live "Elmo Grows Up" on December 4. Last year we took Blythe and went with our next door neighbors and it was a lot of fun. I decided to buy tickets for the first night, since it's the "cheap" night. The show is at 7pm, so I have no idea if that will work for Ethan. Two months away is way too early to think of things like that!

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to the VT football game. Should be interesting. May mean that Blythe will not take a nap for the first time in her life. Then again, maybe she will (just really late). Before the game is the Hokie Birthday party for the Hokie Kids Club, so that should be fun. Looking forward to a nice weekend with beautiful Fall weather!

No comments: