Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First trip to the dentist

Today was Blythe's first trip to the dentist. Daddy had made an appointment (his first trip to the dentist in 3 years!), so I asked him to bring Blythe along so she could see that it wasn't too scary. Since I didn't go, I can't give the first hand play-by-play, but apparently everything went well. She came home with a yellow Dora toothbrush, a little plastic Care Bear, a little stamp, and a 49ers pencil (that Daddy said she picked out all by herself...yeah, right). They counted her teeth nice and slow so she would keep her mouth open for a while. 20 teeth and all looked good. Daddy still had zero cavities even after his extended break from the dentist.

Gommy and Poppa came today too, back from their West Virginia vacation and here to pick up Laura. Since they were coming in the afternoon, Blythe didn't go to day care. Ethan went, but I picked him up early. Blythe probably should have gone because she took a really short nap (if any at all) at home, though she was in her room for over 2 hours. After about 20 minutes of napping, I heard her playing in there so I went in there and she said she had to potty. I took her potty and then told her she had to go back to sleep or Gommy and Poppa wouldn't come. So she went back to her room and was quiet, though I heard occasional noises confirming she wasn't asleep. When Gommy and Poppa got here I went to get her. She was standing by the door wearing one of her dress up princess outfits. I told her Gommy and Poppa were here and she said, "I slept a little more so they could come!" Mmm..hmmm....sure. Oh well.

I showed her my blog from yesterday with the video of her crying from the spider. She wanted to watch it over and over again. When Gommy asked Blythe if she liked the spider from yesterday, Blythe said, "I cried". At least she didn't hold a grudge!

And here's a pic of Blythe and Ethan playing when Gommy and Poppa were here.

No comments: