Friday, February 27, 2009

Ethan in the tub

I think this post is my 100th blog post. When I started, I didn't think I would like it so much, but it's fun to get a few thoughts down on "paper" each day and it motivates me to take pictures and video clips. Prior to the blog, most of my pictures and video clips were from Gommy's camera because I wouldn't take any. I wonder how long I'll keep it up. I'm sure one day I'll hit my 1,000th blog post.

Anyway, Braden's out of town still at the men's ACC's meet. I think Blythe is starting to really miss him because she's been very clingy and cranky. Last night she came downstairs at 11pm crying and saying she had a bad dream. Normally I'm asleep on the couch at 11pm after attempting to watch a 10pm show, but "Eleventh Hour" was pretty good, so I stayed awake. After a few minutes, I picked her up and carried her to her room where I laid with her in bed for a while. I got up a bit later and she started crying again saying, "Mom don't go yet". So I laid down again. Eventually I was able to get up and leave even though she still hadn't fallen asleep.

Earlier in the evening at about 6:30pm, she got upset and said she wanted to go to bed. Ethan needed a bath, so instead of going to bed, she helped me with that (and by "help" I mean leaned over the tub to play with bath toys while getting her sleeves wet and hair a little wet and filling a big cup of water and dumping it out on the outside of the tub where it went all over my jeans and the floor and I had to get a towel to clean it all up). After I put Ethan to bed, Blythe and I went downstairs to watch the ACC meet on the computer and she fell asleep in my lap.

So anyway, weird night. She perked up a little this morning since she had the "show and share" bag for school, which means she can put in anything she wants and bring it to school to show everyone. She brought her little bowling game she got for Christmas, so hopefully the kids will have fun with that.

With Braden gone, it's been hard to play with the camera, but I did get a few shots of Ethan in the tub. We have a collage frame in the kids bathroom that currently has all pictures of Blythe as a baby in the tub, so I've been meaning to take some of Ethan to put in the collage.






No comments: