Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Swimming Lessons

My computer wasn't liking blogger for the last 2 days, but apparently it's now allowing me access again. Always nice to have a computer with a mind of it's own.

Anyway, Blythe started her swim lessons on Monday. She is doing a semi-private lesson with her friend Ashley. It's the first class she's taking that I didn't have to be a part of. And let me tell you how nice it was to just sit back and watch and not have to get in the cold water too! I sat far enough away so I wasn't right there watching over her. The girls didn't do too much the first week, mainly just getting reacquainted with the water and work on flutter kicking. But the important thing was Blythe actually listened to everything her instructor said and was happy the whole time. So I'm hoping after 11 more sessions, she'll be quite comfortable and may even be able to manage a dog paddle. We'll see. She's got another lesson this afternoon. Maybe once she gets a little better, I'll actually bring the camera and get some quick video clips.

Ethan has his water babies again tonight too. Can't get any more clips of him since I have to be in the water....brrr! Maybe I will try to see if I can get one while the instructor has him on his back. It's so funny to watch with him all relaxed and his arms up behind his head.

Braden went out of town yesterday to head to Women's ACC's up in Maryland. This is a really exciting time of year for the team as we get to see how fast they really are and how great they do as a team. I'm so excited to watch the webcasts at night. That means I will be ignoring my children each night starting at 7pm Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Then again next week for Men's ACC's. Ha! We'll see how much they actually let me ignore them. I doubt I'll get very far with that. Maybe they'll be happy playing in the large box we have in the living room like they did last night. Ah - a box can be such a great new toy!



No comments: