Monday, February 16, 2009

Weekend with Ada

This weekend we had gymnastics again. Remembered to bring my camera in the car:

But forgot to bring it inside. Next Saturday is the last class. Maybe I'll remember then. And yes, I know Ethan is not yet a year and he is facing forward. Since we were going on a trip later in the day (and since he's almost a year), I turned him around so he could watch TV too. Now he loves it and I can't turn him back. Oh well. He's close enough and he's well over 20 pounds.

It's always such a hassle to get out the door to gymnastics. I finally had the kids fed and dressed, which is a daily nightmare ("I don't want to wear pants, I want to wear tights, I don't want a ponytail, I want a barrett, I don't want a barrett, I want a headband, I don't want my coat on, I don't want my shoes on, I can do it myself...") By the time we actually make it to the car, I'm exhausted! We were just about to leave and all I had to do was put the dogs away in their kennels in the basement. Ethan was content playing, so I tried to sneak down to the basement so I wouldn't have to carry Ethan down with me. Just when I opened the door, Blythe says "Mom, I wanna go with you". Ugh! So I say, "No, stay up here with Ethan, I'll be back in one second. I'm just putting the dogs away". And I get, "NOoooooo! I wanna go downstairs". That was it.

"Dammit Blythe! Now I have to take Ethan down there too. UUUGGGHH!!" [yes, I know I shouldn't say 'dammit' as she is very likely to repeat me. So far she hasn't. But I'm sure she'll look for the most inappropriate place/time to do it.]

So Blythe then says, "I laugh at you when you say that to me".
"Laugh at me when I say what?"
"When you say 'ugh!'. That's funny to me"
"Well I'm saying it because I'm frustrated with you and it's not funny"
But good to know she doesn't take me seriously at all. Though really I already knew that.

Anyway, after gymnastics, we went home, got the dogs, packed up the car and drove to NC. We met my mom in Winston-Salem and she took the kids to her house for the night while Braden and I drove on to Durham to visit Doug and Lynette and see our new niece, Ada. And boy was she a precious little thing! I'm always so amazed how small newborns are since really it doesn't seem like Ethan has grown THAT much in the past 11 months. But I guess he really has!

Ada is such a sweet baby. Seems very content and laid back. A lot like Ethan was (but not Blythe). She even slept almost 5 hours the night we were there! Here are some pics of Ada:




On Sunday, the 4 adults took little Ada to the mall to walk around and look at cute baby clothes. Lynette decided to try out the front carrier:

Ada was a little bummed when she found out she slept through the whole mall trip, but she was well rested, so she didn't care too much.
Later that day we met back up with my mom to pick up the kids. We were only apart from them for 24 hours, but we missed the little boogers.
When we got home, I did get a little video clip of Ethan walking to prove he actually is walking all over the place (though I got mostly just his head). Enjoy:

No comments: