Friday, February 20, 2009

Feeling yucky

To say I ignored my kids last night is a bit of an understatement. I came down with some sort of bug the night before last which made me feel achey, feverish, nauseous, and just overall yucky. Other than being tired, I felt a little better during the day yesterday, but after I picked up the kids and we went through the drive-thru at McDonalds and then ate dinner, I felt pretty yucky again. All I wanted to do was lie on the couch. And I actually got away with it for about an hour! Yes, Blythe kept trying to get me off the couch to play a game with her and Ethan was whiny every now and then, but overall they were pretty good at letting me a blob on the couch while they destroyed the living room by getting out every toy possible. Eventually I got up enough energy to get off and go take some medicine. After attempting to watch some of the Women's ACC's online, I put Ethan down for an early bedtime (he's only taking 1 nap these days and today's was less than an hour).

So now I was still feeling quite yucky and was faced with a ridiculously messy living room. I started cleaning up and tried and tried to get Blythe to help me, but she wouldn't. So I was getting madder by the minute since all I really wanted to do was go to bed. After getting that cleaned up and watching a little more of the ACC's, I told Blythe it was time for bed. She was being her usual uncooperative self, but since I wasn't my usual patient self, I got mad at her and made her go to bed with no storytime. I didn't have the energy by then to even read a story anyway.

Fortunately, I was able to go to bed at 9:15 and the kids let me sleep until almost 7:00 this morning! After that, I felt much better.

And another update on VT swimmers: 3 more new school records yesterday (out of the 4 events yesterday). That also includes 1 new ACC conference record. Just to give you an idea of how fast the meet is this year, there has been a new ACC conference record set in EVERY single swimming event so far, including one that was 20 years old. In the 200 free relay, 5 teams broke the ACC conference record (including VT who ended up 3rd). Currently VT is in 3rd place (out of 11), which is GREAT! We're hoping they can stay there!

Also, my NC State school record in the 200 IM was finally broken yesterday. I had it for 8 years, and it wasn't that fast anyway, so I'm glad someone finally broke it. Maybe NC State is finally moving in the right direction.

No comments: