Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ethan's 11 month update

I was so busy blogging about all the snowtubing fun that I forgot to blog about Ethan now being 11 months old. He turned 11 months on Saturday and to keep with the trend, I need to document the things he is doing at this age. Let's see....

He's still taking 2 naps a day usually, though he's transitioning to 1 nap a day.
He sleeps about 11 hours at night (though the last 2 mornings he's gotten up a bit earlier than usual).
He's walking instead of crawling whenever he wants to get somewhere (or whenever he wants to come squeeze his arms around my legs and throw his head back and cry until I pick him up).
He has 6 teeth, but I think he's working on 7 and 8. Little drooling monster!
He said "cow" a long time ago, but hasn't said it since. He says "mama" and "dada", but other than that no words. I did think I heard him say "doggie" the other day though. I can tell he is trying to pay more attention to words now though.
If I ask him where things are: "where's the doggie in the book?" "where's the cow?", he points at them.
He still loves to eat paper. Now that it's not so much a choking risk for him, I usually just let him.
He eats anything you give him. Seriously. At day care, he'll eat cucumbers, salad, cauliflower (seriously, I mean who even eats cauliflower? Yuck!).
He laughs at everything Blythe does. Unless she kicks him in the back and knocks him over. He doesn't like that. He laughs at Blythe when she cries.
He sleeps on his stomach, which means he has nice hair and not a bald spot in the back like Blythe always had. I'm pretty sure he'll have dark hair when it grows in and not blonde hair like Blythe.
He loves swimming and we're convinced he's the best swimmer in his class, even though the rest of the class is 18-36 months.

So anyway, that's our little Ethan these days. He'll spend the next 4 weeks transitioning to the toddler room at day care, meaning he will be on their schedule (yes, only one nap a day) and visit the toddler room often. Yesterday was his first day to visit and loved it! They said he cried when they brought him back to the nursery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first I've heard that Ethan eats paper. Does he have a favorite type? News, construction, notebook, wrapping?

Mary Holloway said...

He doesn't show too much preference. If I had to pick one, I'd say he likes toilet paper the best.