Sunday, February 22, 2009

Why I ordered a new camera

Here Blythe is on the uneven bars at gymnastics:



oh - well she WAS hanging on the bar, now she has dropped off.





Here she is doing the "tree" yoga pose Aunt Laura taught her:



Hmm - well, she WAS doing it. Must have just missed it.

I'm so sick of missing the shot! Happens ALL the time. So I finally ordered a much nicer camera, which should be here on Wednesday. I can't wait to try it out. Really, my pictures can't get any worse.

Anyway, after I missed that yoga pose, I tried to get her to do it again, this time on video so maybe I wouldn't miss it. She said she was going to do it on top of the learning table. Didn't quite work out, but I got a funny video:

And speaking of gymnastics, obviously I finally remembered to bring my camera. This was the last gymnastics class. As usual, it was an ordeal to get out the door. Then Braden called just before we were leaving. When he's at ACC's, we rarely talk since our schedules are very different and we're both just so busy. So I wanted to talk, but capped it at 6 or 7 minutes. So that meant we were 6-7 minutes late leaving. I was hoping the parking issue would not be so bad and we'd get a close spot so we'd only be a couple minutes late. Fortunately there was someone just getting to their car so I put on my blinker and waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And screamed obscenities (no curse words, but everything else was free game). Then waited and waited and screamed some more. Maybe he didn't see me. So I moved forward so he could see I was waiting. Finally he put on his reverse lights. Yay! I had to back up to let him out. Only now there was someone on my ass and they wouldn't back up. UGH! I was so frustrated. So I missed that spot after waiting so long. I tried driving all the way around the drillfield (probably at least 2/3 mile around), but of course someone else had already gotten it. So I had to park far away. And by now it was 9:10 and the class is over at 9:30, but I brought my camera dammit and it was the last class, so we were going. I put Ethan in the backpack and told Blythe we had to run. That worked for a while until she said she didn't want to run anymore. Also she was wearing capri tights and it was 20 degrees out. So I picked her up and we ran (and don't forget I had Ethan on my back). Running with an extra 55+ pounds is quite the workout. But we made it for about 10-15 minutes of gymnastics. All so I could get a couple of video clips for you blog readers.

Here she is on the "tumble track"

And here she is doing "princess toes" on the balance beam. Notice how she manages to tell her instructor she has Cinderella on her shirt, all while balancing on the beam. Oh, the talent.

So we walk the long walk back to the car afterwards. As we're approaching the car, I notice one of the sliding side doors is open. So in my rush to get to the all important gymnastics class, I left a door wide open. And my purse on the front passenger seat. For anyone to take. Fortunately, no one did.

2 comments:

aichiba said...

Thank you for making me laugh! Love Blythe falling off the table, love thinking of you waiting to park then parking far away - being late but going anyway just to get some pics and then running with a kid in your arms and a baby on your back. Then you left the door open - with your purse in plain view .. oh Mary - I love it. Don't you just feel like a crazy person sometimes trying to get somewhere with 2 kids.

Anonymous said...

So funny :) Wish there were a video clip of you running with the two of them!!