Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hangaburger with pretzels

Blythe's not much of a meat-eater. Never has been. Or at least not at home (what she eats at day care is a whole other story). She will eat chicken nuggets. One time she ate a chicken drumstick. At Christmas she asked for seconds on ham, but that was the only time I've seen her eat ham (though I know she eats it other places). So I was surprised a couple months ago when she wanted a bite of the cheeseburger I got for Ethan in his happy meal. Then wanted another bite, and another, and another. Then I was even more surprised she did the same thing a couple weeks later.

So now when we go to McDonalds I ask her if she wants a cheeseburger or chicken nuggets. She still ALWAYS says chicken nuggets. So that's what we get and I get Ethan a cheeseburger. And Blythe never eats her chicken nuggets and then wants to eat Ethan's cheeseburger.

The other night we had beef enchiladas at home. I told her they were quesadillas. She of course picked through them and told me she didn't want to eat "that part" (the hamburger/beef). I told her she didn't have to, but added "but you like that, it's hamburger and you like hamburgers". Still, she wouldn't eat it.

So last night I decided to take the kids to the "club" to eat. We have to meet our $30 food minimum and we hadn't been this month and Braden doesn't get home until Sunday, which is then March. So when I picked the kids up from daycare, I told Blythe we were going out to eat. Immediately she says, "I want a hangaburger". Sure thing! As soon as we sit down she says, "I want to get a hangaburger". So she ordered a cheeseburger with pretzels and Ethan got a grilled cheese with fruit.

Blythe ate not a single bite of her cheeseburger. Just pretzels, grapes from Ethan's plate, and half of Ethan's grilled cheese.

But at least I got to eat a cheeseburger for lunch today!

No comments: