Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tent play

It's been a few days since I last blogged. Only half a day left before day care starts back up! Yeah that I can get back to work and get some stuff done around the house, but now that I've spent the last couple of weeks with my two kids, I think I will miss them during the day tomorrow. Blythe and Ethan have become much closer over the last 2 weeks, which has been really great to see. They are actually even playing together on occasion. On Friday when I was attempting once again to work while watching the kids (fairly unsuccessfully), I answered a work call and about that time both kids decided to play in the half bathroom and close the door. I had no idea what was going on in there, but I wasn't being disturbed and there was no crying so I let it go on a while. Finally I decided I should check in just in case Ethan got a hold of the Lysol or something. When I opened the door, they were both standing on either side of the toilet just looking at the bathroom book of games and riddles we have in there. Then of course, they both started whining and crying when I was there. Should have let them be even longer.

The day after Blythe went to play at Ashley's, we had Ashley over here to play. We put up the little tent that Doug and Lynette got Blythe for Christmas. All the kids LOVED playing in there! Here are a few pics:


And here's a cute little video clip:

Ethan has taken a few steps here and there over the past week, but this is how he still gets around most of the time:

This afternoon is Blythe's 3rd birthday party. It's a combined party for Blythe and Ashley. Blythe's birthday is January 20th and Ashley's is January 10th. There were a lot of busy weekends this month, so we decided to do it on January 4th. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have some blog-worthy stories and pics tomorrow. There will be about 18-20 kids there, so it will be total chaos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the tent is a big hit! Can't wait to hear about the party :)