Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dear Hertz

Dear Hertz,

I have to admit, I guess I was a little scatterbrained yesterday when I drove up to the car rental return and had COMPLETELY FORGOT to get gas on the way to the airport. So then you charged me $29.40 for 4 gallons of gas. What a rip! I mean, I realize now you have to send someone else out to go fill up the tank, but $7.35 a gallon??? Did I mention I was a "preferred" customer? A Hertz "#1 Preferred Gold Club" member? I don't think I should be treated that way. I mean, I rent cars from you like at least once or twice a year. Do you really want to lose my business? Granted this time, I rented the car via Hotwire (because Hotwire is oh-so-super--cheap) and I didn't actually know I was renting through Hertz until AFTER I booked it, but still.

Regardless of your inadaquacies as a top-rated customer-servicing corporation, I still had a very lovely visit to South Florida. I was able to sleep in, relax on the beach, read an entire book, and even read (and re-read) old People magazines. I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to do all of that. I'm thinking it was 3.5 years ago before I had children. And while I missed my children dearly, I was happy to get frequent updates on them from my mom and sister who did such a great job taking care of them. They even took them to the mall in Roanoke so Blythe could "Build-A-Bear". Though she built a dog. And named her Ariel. And dressed her in a pink "princess dress" to match the one Blythe has.

I also realize you do not control the weather in south Florida, but if you did, I would give you props, for it was PERFECT at least for the 2 full days I had there. I even got a little tan (though it will likely disappear quickly). I looked and the weather here in balmy Southwest Virginia is supposed to be high of 16 and low of 2 on Friday. Please take me back to south Florida.

I know I have digressed a bit, so I just want to say that you can either credit my MasterCard, or offer me a credit for a future rental from Hertz, assuming you want to keep me as a customer. If I do not receive a credit, I will no longer rent from Hertz. Unless Hotwire makes me.

Sincerely,
Mary

No comments: