Thursday, January 8, 2009

When the cat's away, the mice will play

Braden left yesterday early in the morning to drive to Florida...a forever long drive made 10 times worse by the fact that it was raining the whole time. Makes my 10 hour drive I made to Chicago one time where it rained every single minute of the entire trip seem like a piece of cake. Anyway, Blythe took a nap yesterday at daycare (yahoo!), so she was crazy/silly when we got home. She was up for some silly picture taking:


Later after Ethan went to bed, we had some mother/daughter bonding time where we decided to put curlers in our hair. Here's Blythe:


She of course had to have the yellow curlers.

Here we are together (and I know you're jealous of how sexy I look here...it's the look I was going for):

Apparently Blythe managed to get 3 of them out before she fell asleep and all 3 were in the same spot, so when I took them out this morning, she had all cute curly hair, except a big chunk that was straight. For myself, after a night of fairly uncomfortable sleep in curlers, my curls fell out almost instantaneously due to the incredibly dry 20% humidity conditions inside of our house.

Braden, in case you are checking my blog while you are away, I have photographic proof that it was likely Ethan taking your beer and not me or any of my friends:

This time he was doing it in plain daylight. Apparently the kid has no fear.
Oh - and the title of this post is a bit deceiving. Really the cat's not away. I am the cat.

No comments: