Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

Are you freaking kidding me??? When I moved to Southwest Virginia, I didn't sign up for -20 degree windchill. I'm just going to politely decline that weather, so you can just take it elsewhere.

Also I'm pretty sure your deep freeze has had an impact on my son's health as I had to pick him up early from day care because he had a fever. And this of course means he can't go tomorrow, thus I'm home with him alone while Braden is out of town. And I also have to work tomorrow, which is why I have to do half of tomorrow's work tonight when all I really want to do is sit on the couch.

I also think this completely unreasonable cold weather is going to cancel my plans to take Blythe snowtubing this weekend. Did you really have to make it too cold to snowtube? What happened to global warming? Where's that when you need it?

So I better get back to my work for tomorrow. How's about a 60 degree day in our near future? Think maybe you can arrange that?

Sincerely,
Mary

No comments: