Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Water Babies

If I make it through this week of work, it'll be a miracle. Ugh! There's a reason we don't normally do implementations 3 days in a row, but we had to make our January numbers, blah, blah, blah!

I was so excited last week that my fitness classes finally started back up at lunch time (after the end of semester break in which I put on at least 5 pounds). Now I haven't been able to make it to class yet this week. It's driving me insane. I'm determined to at least make it to Zumba on Friday because that was a lot of fun last week (hadn't ever tried it before).

Anyhoo, Ethan had his first water babies "class" last night. It's in quotes because he was the only one there, so not so much a "class". Apparently, there was supposed to be one other baby, but he didn't show and even with 2 babies they don't feel it's worth having the class. So, we're getting switched to the Mon/Wed Water Bugs class which is for 18 mos - 36 mos, but all they do is have the parent float around with the child in that one too, so it's not really any different. So that means we're headed back to the pool again tonight. Last night Braden got in, so tonight I have to get in the frigid water. Good thing it's warm and toasty outside. Or not.

The one nice thing about Ethan being the only one yesterday was that Blythe got to get in too. She really wanted to and had a blast until we were trying to get her to go underwater. It takes her a few days to warm up to doing that. Anyway, she'll be starting private swim lessons sometime in February with an instructor so we don't have to get in (thank goodness!). Plus, she'll listen better to someone else telling her what to do.

At the end of "class", we did try putting Ethan underwater. He did really well and didn't cry or choke or anything. In fact, I think he liked it! I barely managed to get a video clip.


Here's a few other pics:




No comments: