Friday, January 23, 2009

Rough night

Had a bit of a rough night. Both kids went down just fine around 8pm. Recently Blythe has been getting up around 6:45am, which is quite a bit earlier than her normal 7:30-7:45, but she has taken a nap every day this week at day care, so I view it as a good thing. When she wakes up in the morning, she stands at the top of the stairs and screams "MOM!", until I jump from my slumber, open my door, and tell her to be quiet and come in my room. Not surprisingly, Ethan wakes up just after that.

So anyway, I haven't been getting my normal 8 hours of sleep, so last night I was determined to go to bed earlier. Braden was at a neighbors playing poker, so it was just me and the doggies. I of course fell asleep on the couch, but only for a few minutes, then got up to let the doggies out and put them to bed. After I turned the TV off, I heard something. I thought it might be Braden outside talking to someone, but then I realized it was Blythe crying. She wouldn't go potty before bed, so I thought maybe she had an accident and was crying at the top of the stairs. I went up there and saw her door was closed. But the crying was so loud, I thought maybe she was by her door and couldn't get the door open. So I opened it and she was in bed. Bawling. I laid down with her and quickly realized, she was awake and crying, but really asleep. Yes, kind of like sleep walking. This has happened once or twice before. I tried comforting her, but she just kept crying. Eventually, I think she cried herself back to "real" sleep and so I left. Finally got to my room to go to bed, looked at the clock which said 10:45 and thought "well, I'll get about 8 hours at least". Sometime later, I'm not sure exactly the time (between 11:30 and 12:30), Blythe came into my room crying. So she crawled in bed with me, which is completely against my own rules. Usually I would take her back to her room and lay with her there until she fell asleep, but that time of night I am SO asleep, that I just didn't want to move. So we slept for a while (or not really...she kicks a lot and moves a lot). At some point I fell back asleep. I knew Braden would come back though and I didn't want to have her in the bed with us, so around 1:00am I picked her up and brought her back to her room.

Then at 6:30 this morning she came and woke me up for the day. The good news was that she didn't scream at the top of the stairs and wake Ethan.

No comments: