Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blythe is 3....not 4

Today is Blythe's birthday. I tried telling her she is 3, but she is convinced she is 4. I guess she'll figure it out eventually. I'm thinking it's because she already had her 3rd birthday party over 2 weeks ago, so now she figures she must be 4.

We got her a new bike for her birthday with training wheels, since she had outgrown her tricycle. I had known what we were going to get and where we were getting it (Walmart...they have everything), but I just hadn't ventured out to get it. And we couldn't buy it the other day when we were there since she was with us. So anyway, I finally went out yesterday at 4:45 to get it. Because it's a bit of a drive out there and because I have to pick up Ethan and Blythe before 5:30 from daycare, I had only a few minutes to go in and get it. Just as I was putting it in the car, Braden called and said he would get the kids from daycare. Problem is, he only has one car seat in his car, so I still had to go and meet him there. He said he'd get Blythe and I could get Ethan. So since he was getting Blythe, I was fine just putting the bike in the far rear of the van without covering it.

When I got to day care, Braden had both kids. Apparently Ethan was right by the his door and saw Braden when he came in, so he couldn't just walk right past. So we all went out to the cars together. As soon as I opened the door to put Ethan in, Blythe jumped in my car. Recently she moved her booster seat to the far back and so she went right to that and as she was getting in, saw the Disney Princess bike I had just gotten. "A Princess bike!!!" she said. So there went the birthday gift "surprise" we got for her. Rather than wait until today, we went ahead and gave it to her last night. Since it's 15 degrees out, she attempted to ride it inside without much luck. I'm guessing it won't get used much until it gets warmer out, but she liked it so we were happy. I managed to get one quick picture of her as I was holding Ethan, because he's in that stage where I can't ever put him down (or he does his back-arching/crying routine).

I did make the yellow cupcakes for Blythe's class, though she had no interest in helping me. And just so you know, the "cupcake icing" they sell, doesn't have enough for 24 cupcakes.
When the kids got up this morning, I turned on Sesame Street, and guess what Elmo was thinking about today? Da da da da....Birthdays! How convenient :) I totally planned that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Blythe! :)