Saturday, January 17, 2009

No more letters

Okay, so I'm done with the letter blogs. I guess I'm just not creative enough for it to work for me. I have a hard time thinking of who they should be addressed to and cover the hot items I want to talk about. So that was a fun experiment, but I'm over it now.

So as you know, Ethan has been sick. I took him to the doctor yesterday just to rule out strep and ear infection. I figured they'd say, "It's a virus, we can't do anything, that'll be $25". And that's exactly what they did. So he was home with me all day yesterday while I tried to get through a super-busy day at work. Fortunately he took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, which I'm still amazed at. Before he took that nap, he had lunch and spread peaches all in his hair. I mean, it was everywhere. So, I figured it might be a good time for him to practice using a spoon. With applesauce. He did make an attempt to use the spoon, but man, was he a mess! Here's a short video. Notice Juni in her usual position whenever Ethan eats.


An up-close of the messiness.



Later yesterday we went to pick up Blythe from school. They had done "upside-down painting", where they hang paper underneath a table and they paint while laying down. Of course, this means every time they sit up, they get paint in their hair. So she had pink her yesterday.


And she of course has no pants on. The second she enters the house she always says, "I don't want my pants on" as she already has them halfway off. Doesn't even matter that it was 7 degrees outside.

My girlfriends didn't get to come up and visit this weekend because one was sick, which may have been for the better since Ethan is sick and I don't think we would have gone snowtubing this morning since it was -2 degrees here (probably even colder in West Virginia). So anyway, the kids and I just hung out, then took Blythe to get her second official haircut ever, then went to Chick-fil-a and played on the big slide. We hadn't even attempted that since the near disaster several months ago when it was closed.

I did get a little video clip of Ethan this morning at breakfast when he learned how to kiss for the first time. He kept trying to kiss Elmo. With his mouth open.


1 comment: