Saturday, November 29, 2008

Rollergator

Yesterday was Black Friday. Although I did have to work, I headed out in the morning to Walmart for the doorbuster deals. But I wasn't one of the ones there at 5am. I went at about 8:30. I still got basically everything I went out to get. I parked probably closer than I normally do and didn't have to wait in line to check out. Sounds like all signs of a bad economy. Anyway, I got one thing for Ethan and several things for Blythe. While the kids were napping I unloaded the bags and threw them in my closet.

This morning Blythe came and woke us up. She went with me to the bathroom so I could put my contacts in and get dressed. She darted out to get the stool she always gets...in my closet. I realized quickly and thank goodness the lights were off, but she still said, "LEGOS!" My quick wit thinking rang in and I responded with, "Uh..no...those aren't legos...get out of there...you can't go in there". So, note to self - hide gifts better than that or they will surely never believe in Santa!


Today Braden and his dad went to the Hokie football game, so Braden's mom (Grams), Blythe, Ethan, and I went to Adventure World so Blythe could try rollerskating (or rollergator as Blythe says). We met up with Blythe's friend Ashley, and her mom Amy and brothers Luke and Matt. In addition to rollerskating, they have moon bouncers, so those were a big hit. The girls were not so good at rollerskating to say the least. But it was hilarious! Grams got some video footage, so when I get a chance to try downloading from her camera, I'll post it.

I think she probably just needs more practice...indoors...on carpet. So I'm considering getting her some for Christmas.

Here's a pic of Ethan sitting in a moon bouncer.

No comments: