Tuesday, November 18, 2008

First snow of the season

To my surprise this morning we woke up to a white covering outside...snow. I'm not a big fan of snow and cold weather and especially not in November, but we do live in the mountains of Virginia, so there you go. It was blowing pretty hard and quite miserable, but I made Braden and the kids get together for a photo of the first snow of the season.
I don't think it was technically Ethan's first experience with snow. Since he was born March 7, we likely had snow sometime in March and/or April, though I don't think he went anywhere near it. Anyway, it's melted now (even though the high today was only 29 degrees, it did somehow melt). Good riddens and don't come back until around Christmas time when we're ready to go snow tubing.
This morning Ethan woke up around 6:45. I laid in bed for a while wishing I could sleep a little longer, but knowing that eventually his "talking" would turn into fussing then all out crying, so I might as well take this opportunity to get dressed, brush my hair, put on a little makeup and look presentable. While I was doing this, I heard Blythe in her bathroom. I heard her lift and close the toilet seat (presumably to empty the small potty contents in). Then I heard the sink running (probably washing out the small potty). Then I figured she'd come in to my room to see what I was doing and to tell me she went potty. But she didn't. I thought, "Oh, God, she spilled some of the pee pee or poopy on the floor and is now attempting to clean it up herself with God knows what. Well, I might as well finish putting on my makeup (since it's really my only opportunity) and then go in there and check. So I did and Blythe wasn't in the bathroom. And there was no mess. Clean as a whistle. And she had gone back to bed.
I simply cannot believe that less than 8 months ago I was changing her diapers and now she gets out of bed, goes potty, cleans it, then goes back to bed. When I went in there later she said she got up to go poop. So that makes it even more amazing because there was no sign of it anywhere (and I even checked the bathtub).
She's been a good little helper recently. She brought in 4 or 5 bags of groceries the other day. She's picking up her toys much better. She can match and fold socks.
Makes me happy.

1 comment:

Gommy said...

Wow! I'm impressed! She's really growing up fast.