Sunday, November 16, 2008

Penants

We went to Doug and Lynette's this weekend for their baby shower and it was lots of fun! They had all of their immediate family there and several friends and I think they made out pretty well on the gifts. They've been lucky too and have already gotten lots of clothing and toy hand-me-downs. We weren't that lucky with the first, though now we have the hand-me-downs coming on Ethan and it's great!

Anyway, today while we were in Durham we went to the mall for a bit so Blythe could get some energy out at the mall playground and so Braden could buy some penants. A while ago he had the idea to get a penant for Ethan at each college he visited so one day Ethan could hang them in his room and tell his friends his Dad got all of those for him. Since Braden's a college coach, he goes to a lot of different schools. Well, "one day" became right away as soon as Braden started collecting them. I fought him on it, because I don't want them in the nursery. I'm fine with putting them up when he moves to a big boy room, but for now he is a baby and the nursery is decorated with cute farm animals and it just doesn't go with college penants. Maybe it's me holding on to his babyhood. I want him to be a baby forever. Well not forever, but I'm not ready for him to be a big boy right now.

All that said, I lost the battle. But it was only a few, so not too bad. We still didn't have NC State (both of our alma mater), so today he wanted to get NC State, Duke, UNC, and Wake Forest. The guys went to the sports store at the mall and they came back with like 15 of them. So much for getting them while visiting each school. And so much for having only a few in the nursery. I just want my baby nursery to be for babies. 8 months old is too young to be a big boy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Shut Up" Mom. Said Dad.

Anonymous said...

"I don't want penants, you can only dry Blythe's hair this way, I don't want him to grow into a little boy, she can't wear that outfit it doesn't match...blah blah blah" Yep, that is about it in a nutshell, blah blah blah! Braden

Anonymous said...

Penants...they're penants for peep sake, not swimsuit pictures from Sports Illustrated! Braden

Anonymous said...

Haha... I'm cracking up over these "anonymous" comments from Braden :) Glad you found all the penants, and I'm looking forward to seeing if they make it up in the nursery or not...

Anonymous said...

Oh, they are up...atleast 11 of them are! I will not give in!
Oh, I am always anonymous so I don't have to sign up.
Braden

Anonymous said...

The 12th one that will be put up will be a Dallas Cowboys' penant. I love them. Braden