Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cinnamon Toast

Blythe and Ethan (and me) all love Braden's cinnamon toast. Here's how he makes it:
On a cookie sheet, lay out the bread slices. Top them with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Then cut small slices of stick butter or margarine and lay on top of the cinnamon/sugar. Broil on high for a couple of minutes.

When Blythe sees Braden cutting the butter slices, she tells him "I don't want that on mine". So he tells her it's cheese and asks her if she wants cheese on hers and then she says "yes". A cinnamon/sugar/cheese mixture doesn't sound too good to me (unless it's cream cheese). Anyway, it's a regular breakfast item at our house and Ethan seems to love the cinnamon/sugary, buttery goodness.

Ethan finally seems to be feeling a little better today. No telling how many clothing items he has ruined in the last few days. I haven't washed them yet...and yes, I know that the longer I wait the chances increase that they are permanently ruined. I'm just glad he's starting to seem normal again. Yesterday he fell off the bed. I put him in the middle of the guest room bed, where he is always content to sit and play with toys while I left the room for a second to grab his clothes off the dryer. Apparently he made a beeline for the edge of the bed because within seconds of me leaving I heard a loud boom...and then crying. Oops. Fortunately it's carpet and the bed isn't that high, so I think the damage is minimal, but that was my "bad mom of the day" award for yesterday. I gave him a little Tylenol in case he had a headache later. Blythe was right at the end of the bed too. She didn't save him from falling. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually pulled him off. Now that he's crawling and getting into "her" stuff, she doesn't think twice about pushing him or knocking him over. I keep trying to tell her that he's trying to learn how to stand and she needs to be careful, but I don't think she cares.

No comments: