Thursday, November 6, 2008

Breaking the law

I had to break the law this morning. Ethan and Blythe woke up at 6:30 this morning and a quick 2 hours later we were finally ready to head out to day care. I went to put Ethan in the car and there was no car seat. Braden picked up the kids yesterday so he had Ethan's seat. And Braden was at work. I had 2 options:
1. Call Braden and wait for him to come home to bring me the seat
2. Put Ethan in Blythe's seat and buckle Blythe in a regular seat

I went for option 2 since the trip is 1.5 miles long. Ethan loved sitting forward since he could see the TV! He's still too young to make that permanent though. Blythe initially couldn't see the TV, so I had to stop and move her to another seat. Did I mention the commute is less than 2 miles? Yes, we are THAT dependent on the TV in the car.

Tonight Braden and I are going to the Hokie football game. We actually found a babysitter (they're hard to come by during game times), though it'll be her first time babysitting for us so hopefully all works out. That means I need to clean the house today, and figure out what the kids will do for dinner, and get all their bedtime stuff out...oh, the work involved just to get a night out!

No comments: