Saturday, November 1, 2008

Duck Pond

We had 2 very tired children tonight. We had to keep them up as late as possible since we "Fall Back" tonight. Blythe was running into walls as she was going to her room...that's how tired she was. Let's hope it doesn't backfire and they still wake up at 5:45 tomorrow morning.




Anyway, today was a day of firsts for Blythe:


1. First time peeing in the woods.


The weather was spectacular so we went to the Duck Pond (a pond on campus with lots of ducks). We forgot to have Blythe go potty before we left. She had to go, so Daddy took her in the woods. There were no issues, but Daddy made sure to let her know she can't do that very often. Last thing we need is her dropping her pants to go outside unexpectantly (like our next door neighbor's son....but that's another story). Anyway, after we ate lunch we were able to feed the ducks. They can get quite aggressive there. Take a look:




2. First time cleaning out her own potty.

Braden was at practice this morning so it was just me and the kids. I had a work project go bad last night, so I got a phone call while Blythe was pooping on her potty. She kept screaming at me telling me she was done. I kept telling her to hold on. Then I had to run downstairs to look something up and by the time I got upstairs she was standing at the sink rinsing out her potty. I had visions of poop in the sink, but I looked and there was none. I looked in the toilet ("big potty") and there it was. She had dumped it in the big potty and then rinsed it in the sink and didn't get any on the floor. I was so proud!



Until tonight when we went to fill up the bath tub and there were poop pieces in there.

3. First time wearing Mommy's boots.

I had them upstairs from my cow girl costume. She put them on and then thought the tutu would add a nice touch.



And this doesn't really go with the rest of the blog, but I think it is funny. Blythe's negotiating "skills". She has actually been eating more of the things we have for dinner these days, albeit reluctantly. Halfway through dinner she wants to get down to go play, so we have to do a little negotiating. Goes something like this:

Daddy: Blythe, you can get down and go play if you take 3 more bites

Blythe: No, five

Daddy: How 'bout six?

Blythe: Seven

Daddy: Okay, fine. Seven more bites and you can go play.

No comments: