Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers!

My in-laws are in town, so we've been hanging out each evening, which is why I haven't posted much this week. It's been an eventful week, though not really blog-worthy (I can't think of any funny stories). Tuesday night we went out to eat and since it was "kids eat free", I got a meal for Ethan too. So that's his first kids meal. The boy is an eater though. I think he definitely ate more than his sister. And apparently he really likes pizza (unlike his sister). Now that he can pretty much eat anything, he can have most of the lunch menu at day care and thus I don't have to buy him much food these days.

Last night we took the kids to the Hokie basketball game. They got free tickets from the Hokie Kids Club, so it's not like it was a waste that we only stayed until halftime. They both did well, though Blythe was begging for popcorn the whole time and her begging got her nowhere.

I bought a paper today to search the Black Friday ads and it looks like Walmart is where it's at (at least for the things I need to buy). I'm considering waking up quite early tomorrow to go. Not to beat out the other shoppers really, but more because I actually have to work tomorrow, so might as well get it done early.

Anyway, we're eating around 5pm today. Had to pick a time that both kids would be awake, which doesn't leave a lot of options. We're having Turducken, which I've never had, but it looks delicious! I'm in charge of rolls and pumpkin pie. A little bit ago Blythe and I made banana bread too. Blythe sat on the counter to help and for every ingredient she said, "I wanna dump it BY MYSELF!" She did well, unlike the other times she has tried where she dumps in half and the other half ends up on the counter.

No comments: