Monday, November 10, 2008

Ethan's first plane ride

Ethan took his first plane ride this weekend. I took him to Dallas for the weekend for my grandmother's 80th birthday. It was a surprise party so I couldn't blog about going beforehand because it would have ruined the surprise. Blythe didn't go...she stayed home with Daddy. Too expensive to take everyone (Ethan flies free sitting on my lap). Anyway, Ethan did great traveling! He slept on the plane most of the way there and most of the way back. Blythe never did that. She would never sleep on the plane. I attribute some of Ethan's sleepiness though to a bug he seems to have. It's making him not want to eat much, vomit a couple of times, and have many "blowouts". Fortunately he did none of that on the plane rides. Here we are on the plane:

(and my mom took the picture, so I didn't ask some stranger next to me to take a photo of me).

The surprise party was a success (was a total surprise) and I got to see a lot of my family that I haven't seen in a long time. So it was a fun trip.
As I said before, Blythe stayed home with Daddy. I picked her up from day care today and the teachers said she had crazy hair this morning. Daddy said he was able to dry it however he wanted since the "hairdryer nazi" wasn't here. She was also very talkative today. From the moment I picked her up to when she went to bed she wouldn't stop talking. And her favorite word of the day was "Ya". "Blythe, did you have a good day at school?" "Ya" "Blythe, did you miss Mommy and Ethan?" "Ya". "Blythe, did you smash pumpkins with Daddy?" "Ya" "Blythe, are you Canadian?" "Ya".
It was a fun trip, but I am glad to be home. I haven't slept past 5:10am the past 3 mornings, so I'm praying I get to sleep until at least 6:30 tomorrow (which is actually only 5:30 Dallas time).

No comments: