Friday, November 21, 2008

Flu shots

Both kids were CRANKY this morning! I expected it from Blythe. She's always cranky whenever Daddy is out of town. She'll be okay for a day or 2 and then after that she's so moody. She kept saying "I want Daddy" even though she knows he's out of town.

And Ethan didn't like his new shoes. I bought him new shoes at Target yesterday. They are "almost shoes". One step up from the Robeez he's been wearing, but softer and more flexible than regular shoes. They're the first "almost real" shoes he's ever worn and he didn't like them so much. Kept trying to take them off. And he was cranky too.

So what better time to go get flu shots?!

We've been meaning to go and since it's Ethan's first flu shot we wanted to go to the doctor's office instead of Walgreens or CVS or Kroger. Since it's 20-some-odd degrees out, snowing, and blowing 30 mph, I figured the doctor's office might not be as crowded as normal. Though not that fun to load and unload the kids twice in all that.

We had Blythe go first so she wouldn't know what to expect. It worked. She didn't know what to expect. though she did cry. A lot.

Ethan did well. Cried too of course, but not too much. Poor guy though. He has to get another one in 30 days (the very first time you get a flu shot, you have to get it twice). Oh and between now and then, he has to go for his 9 month appointment and get more shots.

Anyway, no one is here that I can complain to, so I'll complain on my blog. My arm hurts from my flu shot. Anyone feel bad for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys feel better soon!!! And yes, I feel sorry for you, that jerk husband of yours being out of town at a time like this!

aichiba said...

Yes, I feel bad for you! Sounds like you need your Mommy :)