Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So much for those plans

Yesterday afternoon I had my hours carefully planned out to:
1. pick up Blythe's room
2. clean up the guest room so it's set up for company
3. exercise
4. take a shower
5. clean the basement bathroom and the kids bathroom
6. wrap 2 more presents
7. put away all the wrapping stuff
8. set up the aerobed "guest room" in the basement

After #5, daycare called and said Ethan had a 101 fever and we had to come pick him up. So much for my afternoon plans.

Today the guys went hunting so my modified plan (since Ethan was home) was to take Blythe to daycare for a few hours (since today is her last day in the 2's room before she moves to the 3/4 room after Christmas break), get some work done (since I have no vacation days), pick up Blythe and take her to lunch and for some last-minute shopping. But Blythe woke up with a fever, so so much for those plans. She missed her last day in the 2's room, which made me remember that she also missed her last day in the toddler room because she was sick. Guess it's a trend now.

She wasn't THAT sick, so I still took her to lunch and to the mall with me for some last-minute shopping. Nice to get out just the two of us. Hasn't happened since Ethan was a month or two old, so it was time we needed to spend together.

No comments: