Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pushing buttons

Oh, how I love organizing! It's not so much I love organizing, but being organized. And to me, nothing can ever be organized enough. But if I'm close enough, I'm happy. Recently I've been feeling very disorganized. Probably because I spend most of my day in my office, which is the most disorganized room in the house. So I'm on a mission to organize again. You'd think I'd start with my office, but I usually end up doing it last (which means I never get to it...thus the disorganization).

So I'm starting with the upstairs, which is all of the bedrooms. I started with Blythe's room first yesterday since it was a disaster zone. I put all of her fake food away in her play kitchen, put away all of her dress-up clothes, and put away all of her books. I know better than to "really" organize the food, the clothes, or the books since she can destroy hours of work in a split second. As I was going through the books, I pulled a few out that were too "baby" for her and that she hasn't looked at in a really long time. I decided to move those to Ethan's room. He's starting to show an interest in books recently. Blythe must have at least 100 books in her room, and I moved about 10 or 12 books to Ethan's room.

So anyway, after I put Ethan down last night and it was time for Blythe to go to bed, I asked her to pick out a book to read for her bedtime story. And what book does she ask for? "I want the Truck book" "where is the truck book?" "It's my favorite book". Of course it was one of the books I moved to Ethan's room since she NEVER reads it. How does she do that? How does she know that quickly which books are missing? And secondly, WHY does she do that? Why does she always ask for something she knows she can't have. Like when I pick her up from daycare and she says "I want Daddy" when she knows he's at work. Or she knows we ran out of apple juice and only have Orange juice, so she insists on having apple juice. Doesn't take long for a child to figure out what buttons to push. Can't wait until Ethan's there too, and I have 2 kids pushing my buttons!

1 comment:

Gommy said...

Just wait till you have 3 or 4 kids!!