Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bowling

Today we decided to try bowling with the kids. Virginia Tech has an 8 lane bowling alley on campus, which is nice because it's never crowded, it doesn't smell like smoke, and it's incredibly cheap to play. And they have toddler sized bowling shoes.

Initially we tried using the ramp with no bumpers up. For some reason, every time Ethan bowled (i.e. we put his hand on the ball just before it rolled down the ramp) he would do quite well. Had a couple of spares I think. But then when Blythe did the exact same thing, gutter ball every time. So eventually we had them put the bumpers up and then we tried to get Blythe to send the ball down the lane to the pins all by herself. She did okay. She ended up bowling a 48, but we were there for quite a while. Could have had something to do with this (notice the bowling ball making it's way down the lane):

As has been the case each of the few times we've bowled, I beat Braden. It wasn't even close. I mean, I demolished him. I beat the ever living....okay, you get the picture. All in good fun though, not competetive at all.

So, I think the "threatening to call Santa" thing has now backfired. Tonight I told her it was time for her to go to bed because I was tired. Then I pretended like I was going to sleep. She said no, that wasn't allowed. Said I was being bad. Then she picked up her fake cell phone and said she was going to give Santa a call. She proceeded to tell Santa I was being bad. Then she told me Santa said to give me dicks (make sure to read previous post for explanation). Then she held out her hand and said, "Here Mom, here's a dick". Then Braden got in on it and told Blythe to give me a big stick and of course she then said, "Here Mom, here's a big dick".

No comments: