Monday, December 22, 2008

Ah, the cleanliness

Ugh! So I forgot to make the Rice Krispie treats last night that I said I'd bring to Blythe's "winter" party today at school. Party isn't until 3 though, so I have time. Though I have to look online for the recipe for how to make them. Does that mean I'm not quite an official mom since I don't know how to make them? I know there are Rice Krispies and marshmallows, but I don't know the ratio of each. And I'm pretty sure there's a little bit of butter involved. They used to have the recipe on the Rice Krispie box, but not anymore. I guess they figure everyone in the world knows how to make them, so it's no longer necessary.

I didn't blog all weekend because we were having such a fantastic time CLEANING! But I'm happy to report that the whole freaking house is clean....except for my office (God, I never get that clean!) oh, and my bathroom. Don't ever go in there, it's not part of the house tour. I taught Blythe how to wash windows and mirrors, and she did a fine job at it. Ethan is no good at cleaning. While Blythe and I were washing the mirrors in my bathroom (we did get that part cleaned...nothing else), Ethan was busy unrolling the ENTIRE roll of toilet paper in my bathroom.

Other than cleaning, I can't say we did a whole lot this weekend. While Daddy was replacing the broken garbage disposal (that we've lived with now for several months), I took the kids to the library to read some books. They did quite a bit of playing and very little "reading" of books. And our big outing out on Sunday was to the grocery store where both kids rode in the car cart and were so cute and having a blast until Blythe got a little too "huggy" with Ethan and he wanted out.

Nowadays Blythe likes to tell other people what they are going to get from Santa. Tommy - yesterday she pretend called you and told you Santa was bringing you a snowman...a little one. And she told Gommy Santa was bringing her Coors Light (okay, maybe we told her to say that one).

No comments: