Tuesday, December 2, 2008

MOM! Watch this...

Back in my younger days I remember sometimes saying to my mom, "Hey Mom, look!" "MOM! Watch me do this!". Then she'd say, "Yep, I see you" when she really wasn't looking. It would drive me crazy! It was one of those things that I thought when I was little "when I'm a mom, I'll never do that".

Fast forward to today. This is what I hear all morning and evening long...Mom, look at me, Mom, watch me...Mom, you're not looking, Mom, look at me, Mom, watch me (flip my hair), Mom, look at me (stick this in my mouth), Mom, watch me (touch my toe), Mom, Mom, you're not looking, Mom, watch this, watch me (put my shirt on my head), did you see that? Mom, look over here...Mom, Mom, Mom, look at me, watch me do this (jump off the toy box wearing dress up high heels) Mom, did you see that? Mom...Mom...Mom!

This is multiplied by 10 if I'm busy with Ethan or if I'm talking on the phone. Multiplied by 20 if I'm on the phone with someone from work.

So now I can see why mom's don't always look when their child says "Watch me do this!" It's physically impossible to do it every time.

In other news, Blythe can now spell her name. I thought she could also spell my name too, but apparently not (quite).

As for Ethan, his favorite thing to do is still to ride on his little car. Though his second most favorite thing to do is to push it around and walk behind it. If he runs into something, he tries to turn it and it becomes unstable and he usually falls over with it. So we've been trying to have him use the walker toy instead. Here he is walking from the front view:

And from the back:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!!!
Braden

Gommy said...

For the record, when Mary said, "Hey, Mom, look at this,"....I always looked. I'm very impressed with Ethan's walking skills and Blythe's spelling. What a couple of cuties!

aichiba said...

Amen on the "Mom" part!