Monday, December 8, 2008

"Girls" weekend?

This past weekend was supposed to be my "girl" weekend. Or at least that's how it was played out in my head when I first thought it up. My best friend is turning 30 in a few weeks so a while ago she was thinking of having a party or dinner on the 6th to celebrate. Braden didn't have a meet planned, so I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to get away and for Braden to have some "bonding" time with the kids. Didn't quite turn out that way.

Instead, Braden had to go recruiting in Raleigh so I took the kids to my parents house. So on Saturday, I left in the morning, drove to Greensboro where we met my mom and sister for "Disneyland on Ice", then drove another hour or so to my parents house. I was able to "relax" for about 30 minutes, before I left to drive another hour plus down to Charlotte to meet up with my friend Emily. We had a great time and went shopping and out to dinner and then I drove the hour plus back to my parents house, spent the night, hung out for a while the next day, then drove 3 hours back home with the kids.


Braden, on the other hand, did some recruiting, went shopping, hung out with his friend Magnus, went to lunch with his friend Greg, and hung out with Doug and Lynette.


Somehow, my "girls" weekend turned into a weekend with the kids. And Braden's "bonding time with the kids" weekend turned into a "boys" weekend for him. Not quite the way I had it all playing out in my head.


Oh well. It was still a fun weekend. Disneyland on Ice was actually really good (much better than Elmo). And Blythe got to go check out the fire station where Poppa is a volunteer fire fighter. He had her pull the cord to do the horn and it was super loud and Blythe didn't like is so much. She said, "Don't do that again". Then later when he did the siren, she cried.


Here is our little firefighter who is afraid of loud noises:

2 comments:

Karen said...

Funny how the "girl's weekend" works out that way for moms? :) Oh, and Braden is stealing swimmers rigt from under NC State's nose!

Anonymous said...

You know it!
Braden