Thursday, December 18, 2008

And what does Mommy get from Santa?

Last night at the dinner table Blythe was again telling us how Santa was going to bring her a blue baby, legos, and a yellow castle when she stopped mid-sentence and told Braden Santa was bringing him a microwave. That was interesting. So we tried to get her to say what he would be bringing me. After interjecting her normal "Mommy, you're Poco Loco" (Braden taught her that and she tells me I'm "a little crazy" at least 60 times a day), she said Santa was bringing me soap. Great. Just what I need. And also, according to Blythe, Santa is bringing Ethan a chicken. So we told her that wasn't fair that she was getting 3 things and each of us were only getting 1. So she said Daddy would also get a plate and I would also get a cup. Whoopee! Ethan apparently is still stuck with just a chicken.

And as we were conversing she went right into Santa bringing "sticks" for Mommy. Braden got in on it again and this was the outcome. This joke has run its course, so promise this is the last "stick" video:

Oh, such innocence.

I also just wrapped a few presents to put under the tree, so she now realizes Mom and Dad give presents too. So now she has to be nice to us as well (which is good, since the "be nice for Santa" routine is becoming not quite as effective).

And Ethan said "cow" at day care yesterday too, so it wasn't a fluke. My boy can talk!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm getting the same thing from Santa. ~Sarah

ekf said...

You only got one, but according to blythe I was going to get many "sticks."