Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Baby models

So I got this "babytalk" magazine in the mail the other day. No, I didn't subscribe to that. I get it free for some reason, probably after signing up for baby formula coupons or something. Anyway, I look at the pictures and read the large print just like basically any magazine I get.

So I see this baby in the magazine:

Seriously??? That baby looks like an elf. Apparently any baby can model for print ads? My children should be on the covers every single month if that baby can make it as a model. Sorry, it's a bit crinkled and torn since Ethan tried to eat it.
Anyway, I know that was a bit out in left field, but I just had to share it.
Ethan went for his 9 month appointment yesterday. He is 20.2 lbs and 28 inches long. About the 50% percentile, where he has been since birth (well, not birth since most babies aren't 8 and a half pounds). I checked Blythe's baby book and she was 19.5 lbs and 29 inches long at 9 months. That surprised me because Blythe was such a little chunk and Ethan doesn't seem to be. He had to get 2 shots, which he of course cried about, but he got over it quickly, so that was good.
I've been trying to teach Blythe the days of the week. Apparently at day care they don't teach the 2 year olds the days of the week because they "are incapable of learning that...it's memorization, which they are not capable of". Or so says the administrator. Last time I checked, letters, numbers, shapes, and language in general is memorization and Blythe seems to have taken to all that pretty well. So every day we look at the calendar and I ask her what day it is (and then we also mark off the day so she knows how far away Christmas is). And every day she is clueless about what day of the week it is. Maybe she'll get it when she turns 3.

3 comments:

Gommy said...

You don't have to convince me that Blythe and Ethan should be on the cover every single month!

Poppa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I agree too! They should just alternate months on the cover - so cute!