Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Table for 5

We went out to dinner tonight as a family of 5 for the first time and it wasn't THAT bad. Definitely won't be making it a regular occurance for a while, but we got through it. The day care was doing a fundraiser at a local restaurant, which is why we went. Although Brynn had to be held the whole time, she didn't fuss too much. And Blythe and Ethan had decent behavior.

Brynn also had her first out of town trip. She and I drove Laura to my brother's house in Durham, which is 3 hours away. She was perfect in the car both ways, sleeping the whole time. Nice! In a few weeks, I'll be making another 3 hour car trip to my parents house with all 3 kids by myself. That one should be interesting.

So anyway, while there are still LOTS of chaotic moments (like last weekend when I had all 3 kids crying at the same time), we are having some moments when things are relatively smoothe. Or at least that's what I keep trying to convince myself of.

No comments: