Monday, June 21, 2010

Sleep update

Okay, so I probably shouldn't blog about this because my luck may change, but I'm going to anyway. I only had to get up once last night to feed Brynn! On Friday night I fed her before bed at 7:45 and then she didn't eat again until 3:15 (7.5 hours later). Of course, it took me over an hour to get her down after she nursed on both sides TWICE. Tired of being the human pacifier, I finally put her down and she cried off and on for another hour and a half. So really it wasn't like she actually slept that long. After 3:15, I thought for sure that would be the night I only had to get up once. But she got up at 6:00 and wanted to eat.

Saturday night I fed her at 7:45, but this time she was down by 8:15 and didn't get up again until 3:15. Again, I thought for sure she won't wake up again until at least 7:00, but alas it was 6:00 again.


But last night I fed her at 7:45 and she didn't get up until 3:45 (8 hours!). Then she didn't get up again until 7:15 this morning. Woot woot! So she is doing great. Falling in the footsteps of her older sister (who slept 9 hours at 1 month).


Speaking of Blythe, she has finally starting drawing family "portraits" that include Brynn. She has drawn lots of family portraits since Brynn was born and they always included only 4 people. Yesterday she drew lots of family pics and would cut out the people and then she wanted to put them on our beds. There were about 7 "people" laying on Braden and my pillows. She put 3 or 4 in Brynn's crib. A few in her own bed. And even though she told Braden and I that she was "going upstairs and would be very quiet and not wake Ethan", that actually meant, "when I go into his room to put the people on his bed, I'll try not to wake him up". Which she was unsuccessful at.


So shortly after Braden left yesterday to go work at swim camp, Ethan woke from his nap. Which meant I had all 3 kids. Awake. By myself. What to do?


Well, I took them all to the pool. I asked one of the regular "pool rats" in the shade to watch Brynn while I swam with the other 2. Brynn just slept the whole time. Anyway, we had a good time and it wasn't too chaotic. I'm starting to get a little bit in a groove of being a mom to 3 kids. Braden has started back with morning practices, so I'm able to get all 3 kids up and dressed and fed and get Blythe and Ethan to school without too much stress involved.

2 comments:

lynette said...

Nice! Hope she keeps it up!! :) So, you guys still keeping "the fish" alive?

Anonymous said...

blythe let me get your knickers off and show you how a baby is made, lovely little p---y of yours would feel real good