Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby food

They've kind of gotten over it now, but when I first brought Brynn home, both of my kids were very interested in how Brynn eats. Those of you who have read my blog from the beginning will remember one of my first posts about "babies eating boobies". When Blythe was 2 and I was nursing Ethan, Blythe would sit next to me with one of her baby dolls and lift up her shirt and say that her baby was "eating her boobies".

Now that Blythe is 4, she's way more grown up. Now she asks me, "is the baby suckin on your boobie?" With an emphasis on "suckin". Makes is sound like such an intimate, bonding experience between mother and child, doesn't it?

Ethan didn't really ask any questions about it, he just wanted to see what the baby was doing. Really up close and personal. He tried to move Brynn's head out of the way, because it was blocking his view.

I explained to both of them that babies only drink milk and it's special baby milk that they get from Mommy. That seemed like a good explanation to them because they really didn't ask much about it since.

I have had to tell Ethan many times that Brynn can't eat anything else because she has no teeth. So now he says all the time "baby have no teeth". Hopefully that prevents him from feeding her things she could choke on when I'm not looking.

No comments: