Thursday, June 3, 2010

Name's Bwynn

That's what Ethan tells everyone, which in his mind is short for "His name is Bwynn". Maybe he's in denial that it's a girl.

Although I think he likes the new baby, he has regressed some. He is having more potty accidents, especially at school where he was having almost none before she was born. And he's still getting up in the night sometimes (or 3 times like last night). One of the times last night was actually to go pee in the potty, which was an improvement and his pull-up was dry this morning.

What's most frustrating for me with Ethan is that I cannot put him to bed for nap or bedtime. Braden can just fine, but he is terrible for me. Everything goes fine...I read him a book, sing him a song. Then I try to give him a kiss goodnight and he suddenly says he has to go potty. He will immediately drop his pants and pull-up and wiggle to the bathroom like that and then of course barely go. But after that, he goes into his room and wants to turn on the lights and play with cars. If I try to turn the light off, he screams. If I try to put him back in bed, he screams. If I try to leave, he screams. So eventually I leave and then he screams and I have to hold the door shut while he cries with the lights on. And I feel terrible leaving him like that, but I have no choice. So basically, I'm done with that. Braden will take over that duty every night until hopefully he grows out of this phase.

Brynn regressed a little last night. She had about 3 nights in a row where she would go 4.5-5 hour stretches. Then last night it was back to 3 hours at a time. Ah well....I don't feel that tired, so maybe it just hasn't caught up to me yet.

No comments: