Sunday, June 13, 2010

The gown

My grandmother made a baby gown long, long ago and she brought all 12 of her babies home in that gown. Then most of her children brought their children home in that gown. My mom brought me and my siblings all home in that gown. It's now being passed down to the great-grandchildren. Brynn is my grandmother's 17th great-grandchild (my cousin Sarah had the 18th great-grandchild a week after Brynn was born).

Now the gown is so fragile that I'm kind of afraid for my kids to wear it longer than a few minutes. Blythe did come home in the gown, but Ethan wore it just for some pictures a week or 2 after he was born. Sarah was due with her baby 6 days before I was due, so she had the gown. I told her just to send it when she was done with it and we'd get some pics of Brynn in the gown. So, Sarah's son, Grant, was the 46th baby to wear that gown and Brynn was the 47th baby. I will now pass it down to my brother as he and his wife are expecting the next baby in the family (due in December).

Brynn's giving the gown a "thumbs up" in this one:


5 comments:

Sarah said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I'm glad you got it in time... she seems like she could grow out of the gown VERY soon!

lynette said...

Such a sweet gown shot!! And it really is so fragile... we'll have to be really careful with it come December!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brynn looks beautiful in the gown. Thanks for taking the pictures. Big GaGa will be so happy!

Gommy

aichiba said...

Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks just like Big Gaga - Rose.