Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodbye 20's...hello 30's!

Well, as I'm writing this, I'm enjoying my last 10 minutes of my twenty-somethings. I thought it was official at 1:15pm today, but then I realized I was born in CENTRAL time. Ha! I bought myself a whole other hour. Nothing fancy today...woke up to Ethan talking in bed earlier than I wanted to, changed a poopy diaper, got the kids up and ready for school, took the dogs for a walk, started work, went to step aerobics at lunchtime, and now I'm writing my blog. So far, a great day! Not as great as my weekend though!

What I thought was happening last weekend was that my parents and sister were coming in town so they could babysit while Braden and I went out to eat. I thought Doug and Ada were coming in town Friday night, basically because Lynette was shooting a wedding on Saturday so Doug had nothing better to do :) So I figured we'd hit up the pool on Saturday, grill out Saturday night and call it a weekend. But Braden had done well and made secret plans. Doug magically showed up earlier than expected and as I was getting ready for dinner, so was everyone else and then 2 of our regular babysitters showed up. So we all went out to eat, and at dinner my great friends Emily and Amy joined us. A really nice surprise! We had a VERY nice dinner then hit up a local bar for some drinks afterward. Emily had also gotten to the dinner early to decorate a bit and my parents gave me a gorgeous "I'm 30" baseball cap. You're so jealous...


Oh shucks, and as of right now I am officially 30. Well, cheers to hopefully a great decade!

Anyhoo, the next day we did hit up the pool. My other great friends (Blythe's godparents) Sue and Richard were supposed to surprise me at the pool, but Emily let it slip before they got there. Oops! Oh well, still great surprise to have them come in town!

Ethan, Blythe, and Ada had a good time swimming in the pool and were all pretty exhausted afterward.


So while they napped, we got out the Dairy Queen Blizzard ice cream cake (so we didn't have to share with them).


Mmm....mmm. So good, I ate the leftovers for dinner last night :) Braden said that Target didn't have a "0" and Walmart didn't have a "3", too bad he didn't look in our drawer at home as we already had both!

I opened my gifts and my family did quite well in their choice of gifts (since I'm a hard person to shop for...hey, at least I admit it). They gave me large canvas photos of 2 of the great pics Lynette took at the beach. I think I'm going to hang them in my office (at home) so I can see them all day long!


We grilled out, drank wine, played some games, and then called it a night. Great day!
Sunday was Father's Day, so to celebrate we let the oldest father here (my dad) pay for lunch :) Thanks Dad! It was a beautiful day, so we ate out where we could sit outside and enjoy. Later that afternoon, everyone left and Braden started swim camp. The kids napped and I enjoyed reading a magazine outside. Ahh - blissful.
Blythe also started swim lessons (again) yesterday, which go for 4 straight days, so we'll head back there this evening. The first one didn't go so well, but afterwards she was swimming by herself again (so far this summer she had yet to). So Emily - hopefully she'll be doing still on July 4th so you will owe her whatever it was you promised her (ice cream?).

3 comments:

aichiba said...

Happy Birthday Mary!!!

Karen said...

Sounds like a great weekend - happy 30th bday!! I love those pics of your family at the beach.

ekf said...

Ummm I don't remember what I promised her. I think it was something princess jasmine related? Hopefully she doesn't remember either....