Sunday, June 7, 2009

Girls weekend update

I'm back from my girls weekend and I'm happy to report it was a LOVELY weekend (as if there were any chance I'd actually say it wasn't great). We ate at some great restaurants, went shopping (and I actually bought things for myself instead of everything for the kids), had great conversation, and drank too much wine (but who cares! because I got to sleep until 9 this morning and then lay around and be lazy). Even though I grew up in Charlotte, the place has completely changed since I lived there. People actually go out at night in downtown now. So last night we went to the "Epicentre", which is an area with a bunch of bars and restaurants and where they have happy hour events during the week. Basically we went to people watch because my friend said we would be amazed at how skanky the women dress at these places. I guess we got there too early because at first we didn't see much of it. But the longer we stayed, the more the skankiness factor increased. Am I really getting that old where I find joy in judging others by their bad choice in attire? Yes. But it made for some fun times for us!

Today we headed over to the Taste of Charlotte. Kind of like the Taste of Chicago, but scaled down by at least a factor of 10. It was fun though. $20 paid for the 3 of us to have lunch and ice cream basically. And it was nice to walk through a different part of downtown. We realized we had no pictures from our weekend, so I asked the 11 year old girl across from us (when she wasn't busy texting on her blackberry...WTF?) to take our picture.


Braden had a weekend at home with the kids and they had no fun at all, as you can clearly see from their photobooth pictures at the mall:

Here's a close-up:

Actually, they had a fun weekend spent mostly at the pool. They were there until 2 yesterday and then until 3 today. I'm shocked Ethan made it that late before passing out. You'd think Blythe would be pretty tired too, but when Braden tried to make her take a nap today, she just wanted to play. He tried going into her room several times to make her go to sleep, but she wouldn't. So he told her she could come downstairs and hang with him and have quiet time, but she had to watch golf on TV. Worked like a charm as she was snoring on the couch when I got home. Smart thinking Braden!
I asked Blythe if she had fun during her weekend with Daddy and she said she did. I asked her what was her favorite thing she did over the weekend and she said, "sleeping".

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awww! Sounds like a fun girls weekend!