Monday, March 30, 2009

Sharing a room

It's been a week since I blogged! I think that's the longest dead streak I've had. We headed to my parents house last week on Thursday, so of course it was 2 days of preparation to make sure the laundry was done, as much work as possible was done, and everything was packed. Add to that the fact that I am heading to New Jersey today for 3 days, leaving Braden home with the kids. Yep - though it's not a weekend, so no full days with the kids, Braden will be on his own. I think he'll do just fine.

And Braden, if you're reading this and you want to blog about your experience, feel free!

Anyway, since it's 6:30am and I'm already at the airport, I have no pictures to share or video clips. We did have a nice time at my parents house. Unfortunately it rained pretty much the whole time, so we were confined mostly inside, which meant a lot of Wii. Doug and Lynette and Ada came on Friday evening, so the whole family was together. My parents just recently finished adding a bedroom/exercise room and bathroom to their upstairs, so Braden and I got to stay in the new room. They changed the other guest room to a "grandkids" room and moved a day bed with trundle in their. They also got a toddler bed, but Ethan's still too small for that. Anyway, we put Ethan in a pack n play and Blythe in the day bed and let them share a room, which was a first. Blythe talks for a while before she falls asleep (did I say 'talk'? I meant shouts very loudly) so Ethan found that a bit difficult to fall asleep to. So then he cried for a while. Which kept Blythe up and 'talking' some more. The vicious cycle continued until finally they wore each other out and fell asleep. Later Ethan cried at about 10:30pm for a little while. Then about 12:30, Blythe cried which woke Ethan. I had to go in there on that one. And of course as soon as I did, Ethan started crying, so I had to pick him up and rock him back to sleep as I held Blythe's hand until she fell asleep. After that it was fine. The next 2 nights went much better too.

So anyway, no pics to share. Lynette got some great ones of all the kids together. I'm sure she'll probably post them, but if not, I will sometime later.

Well, off to Philadelphia, and then Newark. Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to blog.
Braden